Do you suffer from heel pain?
If you regularly suffer from heel pain, it could be due to conditions such as plantar fasciitis or heel spurs. These conditions are extremely common, but unfortunately, they can lead to some huge issues, especially with walking and standing for long periods of time.
Plantar fasciitis is normally categorized by a sharp heel pain that is typically worst when you first get out of bed in the morning. Throughout the day, you may feel a pain that is usually triggered directly by spending a long time seated or a longtime standing.
Plantar fasciitis is caused by small tears in the ligaments that cover the bottom of your feet. These small tears cause inflammation, pain, and swelling. Leaving plantar fasciitis untreated for too long can lead to heel spurs, which are bony growths in the heel where the ligaments attach. Common causes of plantar fasciitis include:
- Standing for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces
- Shoes that do not provide enough support or that do not fit well
- Being overweight or pregnant
- Having high or flat arches
With the help of healthy footwear and proper arch support, you can avoid conditions like this. Some of the best ways to prevent and relieve plantar fasciitis include:
- Supportive shoes and arch supports to stabilize the ligaments and relieve pressure
- Ice, ibuprofen, and sometimes cortisone shots to relieve inflammation
- Compression socks or arch bands to relieve swelling
- Gentle stretching anytime you have been sitting or standing for a long time
The staff at Vogue Shoes help people that suffer from plantar fasciitis every day! We are very experienced in dealing with this issue, and have a variety of affordable products and tips for healing and preventing a number of lower body ailments. Some of our helpful products and services include:
- Free computerized foot analysis
- Supportive footwear from name brands in athletic, casual, and dress shoes
- Largest selection of over the counter arch supports in the state
- Massage tools and compression sleeves
- Individual, personalized service from a knowledgeable staff member
Let us help you get back on your feet!